Making Learning Connected (#clmooc) is a collaborative, knowledge-building and sharing experience open to anyone who’s interested in making, creativity and learning. We begin June 15. Together over six weeks we will play with new tools and processes for making projects, share our results and our learning, and explore the educational model known as Connected Learning. Please join us by signing up at the right!
In Making Learning Connected, participants are invited to design and then engage in “makes“— creative and productive projects— that tap into their personal (and professional) interests. We will then share what we’ve done with the larger Making Learning Connected community, learn from each other’s experiences, and reflect on our own learning and growth. A team of hard-working facilitators will work to keep track of all the creative activity, and help participants find each other, work together, and see the products of our collaborative effort. All along the way, we’ll be working together as agents and learners in an open experience known as a Massive Open Online Collaboration (MOOC).
Throughout the MOOC, we’ll engage with and employ Connected Learning principles as they relate to making and learning. Educators, mentors, club leaders and after school practitioners will find the MOOC an enjoyable way to learn about this powerful educational model. But all are welcome to engage at whatever level and to whatever extent makes sense. Making Learning Connected includes pathways – for making, for connecting, for sharing – that allow for greater and lesser degrees of independence and guidance. Follow a linear thread through the six weeks of this MOOC or dip a toe in at one place or another, to create a unique path.
For more information, visit the Making Learning Connected FAQs.
The goals of this MOOC are to:
- Engage participants in interest-driven, fun makes that embody the Connected Learning principles
- Adopt a collaborative approach and a reflective stance toward the processes of making
- Provide an opportunity for participants to plan for an enactment in their educational setting in the fall
Connected Learning infographic; courtesy of Connected Learning TV
Making Learning Connected will run for six weeks from June 15 through August 4, and consists of six two-week overlapping cycles of making, learning and connecting. Here is an overview of how the weeks will unfold.*
- Saturday, June 15: MOOC begins with Make Cycle #1
- Monday, June 24: Make Cycle #2 begins
- Monday, July 1: Make Cycle #3 begins
- Monday, July 8: Make Cycle #4 begins
- Monday, July 15: Make Cycle #5 begins
- Monday, July 22: Make Cycle #6 begins
- Sunday, August 4: MOOC ends
Note: You can extend or shorten any cycle to meet your needs. Please feel free to maintain a pace that works for you.
* Schedule for hangouts, webinars, and Twitter chats to come.
The following people are involved in creating this MOOC:
This hardworking team has designed a framework for Making Learning Connects, but of course, as a collaborative learning experience, it is the participants that are at the heart of this MOOC.